Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sheena's Day

My virgin experience at a malay wedding.

Yes, its void deck buffet style, free seating. And there were erm, a few mats la but i think she's got more chinese friends? She hangs out with chinese all the time during our lasalle days anyway. The decos were really pretty, especially the tent where the couple sat in most of the time. Super dreamy super nice.

Received her invitation a couple of weeks back. Bet she designed this herself. I remember she loves Bird of Paradise. That explains her theme. Everything was red and green, and all the tables had vases filled with her favourite flower.

Photobucket

Sheena's always the quirky sporty funny girl in school. She's really fun to be with and super dong dong hee. Like energizer bunny. Just look at her face. Dont know what she was doing. And look at HER GOWN. I thought malays were suppose to wear conservative baju kurongs or something for their weddings. Should have expected this because we all know she loved nice dresses and dolling herself up. Am sure it wasnt easy for her conservative relatives to accept this. oh well, who cares, she looked AWESOME. So fucking gorgeous. And just look at the tent. Walau, furry carpets all. Damn nice can!

Photobucket

When we got there we heard her favourite love songs playing. But eh....nope... her songs werent played, PEOPLE WERE SINGING LIVE THROUGH THE MICROPHONES. Mother fucking amazing!!! We all thought it came from a CD or something!!! No kidding!!!

For the buffet,me and Foxy didnt really eat. LOL. Im a pescetarian and Fox doesnt eat spicy food. HA. Beef redang, chicken bryani, blah blah blah, we all gave them a miss. Fox ended up eating PLAIN RICE WITH FISH(the only non spicy dish). THATS ALL. Two pathetic dishes cos she couldnt even take curry. The bryani rice was good.I skipped the chicken only took the flavoured rice. Fish was okay, and i ate some prawns. thats it. LOL. Everyone was complimenting the beef or chicken or mutton all damn nice. MEHHHHH. Too bad. We filled our stomachs with chocolate cakes after that. lol.

Oh ya, and before i went for this wedding i tried to find out information on what to do and what to wear. No rules actually, dont too sexy can liao. No bantang colors that i cannot wear or anything like that. I asked my malay colleague bout giving ang baos. Dont have to be green color, chinese can give our usual red packets. Void deck weddings bao $10 can already, if you arent that close to that friend. WTF. TEN BUCKS? And if its in a hotel $30 will do. Close friend $50. wahahahha. Anyways me and Fox ended up sharing a $50 ang bao for her lah. And i forgot to take a picture of my ang bao. Steady one okay. I went to my ah ma and asked her for empty red packets. She came out and handed me one which shocked me. Croc skin textured, embossed with a GOLD PRADA LOGO. WTF? I have no fuckin idea where my ah ma got her prada ang baos. Like seriously. MY AH MA? PRADA? wahahahahhaha. She doesnt even know what Prada is lah. Someone must have given it to her. The ang bao looks expensive wor don siao siao. LOL.

HELLO FOXY. Havent been hanging out with her for god knows how long. I really miss the good old Lasalle times when she and Ration will always turn up at my place unexpectedly to wake me up and shoo me off my bed just to do homework. LOL.
Photobucket

This is Too, my ex classmate, and he's getting hitched this month!!! Gonna be inviting us to his wedding banquet next year. CANT WAIT!!! he's getting married.CONGRATS!!!!!

Photobucket

Cupcake gift from the wedding! Hello you...the one behind... u better not steal...
Photobucket


Friday i watched Rapunzel with my darling michelle. ITS A MUST WATCH! omgg lah i teared during the movie! The only other cartoon that i cried for was Land Before Time. But Rapunzel!!! Ok lar, i think i tend to get a lil emotional these days watching "fairytales". Lol, but I loved every part of it. Im never a fan of cartoons but Rapunzel's really really nice. Its funny and so sweet. And the characters are so cute! Next up is NARNIA. CANNOT MISS.

My weekend is over. :( SHO SAD. BYEBYE SUNDAY. Gonna have dinner w family then start working on my freelance stuff. Am feeling really blessed these days! My colleague's giving me lobangs just when im like so fucking broke. YAY.

I loveeeee having dinner at home. Cant wait to see what new creative dishes my mom has whipped up for us! weehee!

No comments: